Monday, November 18, 2013

Splendens


Just a little introduction to my splendens. I currently have four, all pet store rescues. I've gotten all four of them within the last couple of months and they've been great so far.


My veiltail Zeta was the first betta I bought, and he seems to have the most spunk and personality of my four. He flares way more than the others and split his fins up a bit because of it, but I've taken care of the reflections in his tank and they're healing up now.


Nova is my elephant ear halfmoon plakat, bought him on Halloween! After a couple days of weird behavior and no appetite I discovered that he had velvet, so I treated him with Cupramine for about five days and there hasn't been any sign of it since. He's doing great, and becoming more and more active to the point where I think I should get him a bigger tank soon.


Coda, the double tail. He's still fairly new but doing really well so far. His ventricle fins are super curled, but they're looking a bit better since I got him so I'm thinking they'll fix themselves eventually. I keep his water tanned with indian almond leaves, hopefully that will help with the curling.

Lola is my newest and only female. She was labeled as crowntail but I'm thinking she's just a regular plakat? Not sure if there is a difference. She was super shy at first, but she's becoming a little more active each day and eating well.

No comments:

Post a Comment